Thursday, 13 March 2014

VisDare: A-Z Prequel

I was so excited to see this picture because this serves as an excellent prequel to my A-Z story! The theme reveal is on 21st March so you can read about the theme then. If you are intrigued by the excerpt below come back in April for the complete story. Comments are appreciated. Drop a link to your blog in the comments and I'll visit you soon. =)

(Photo source: http://anonymouslegacy1.wordpress.com)

The plank was feeble and wobbly and their only way out. 
"Jaldi Mihir-hurry!" One of the boys said already perched on the wall.
Mihir hesitated, an old fear of heights temporarily incapacitating him. 
"We have to leave!" The boy on the top beckoned impatiently, his voice laced with fear.
"Oi! What are you doing?" The shout of the warden pierced the night. Mihir gulped and grabbed the plank taking the first step up.
"Hurry! Hurry! Hurry!" 
"Stop!" The warden yelled, running towards them.
The plank wobbled under Mihir's weight. Just a few steps more, just a few steps more. He told himself. 
"Here, grab my hand!" Saleem stretched a thin shaking hand. Mihir reached out, now only an inch separating their bony fingers. 
The jerk was sudden. Before he realised what was happening, Mihir hit the ground with a heavy thud.
"Run Saleem!" He screamed before the warden's baton darkened his world.


4 comments:

  1. Whoa! Seeing the picture I thought of adventure, but I didn't think of trouble until I read your excerpt. I'm excited to see what's next! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely intrigued now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great teaser. The picture reminded me of climbing onto the roof of my uncle's barn using old metal bed springs as a ladder. But your story definitely doesn't sound like the fun and games I was having. I look forward to your reveal on Friday.
    Blessings,
    Linda
    www.LifeAfterCaregiving.WordPress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sania, I am dropping by as an Ambassador for the A-to-Z Challenge. Your theme tease is awesome and I look forward to reading your posts!
    doreenmcgettigan.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...